Wildlife Safari Stockholm
Moose & Wildlife Safari Stockholm
See Swedish wildlife in it’s natural habitat on this wildlife safari! Animals such as the king of the forest (moose), different species of deer, wild boar and birds of prey. Start off with a thorough presentation on Swedish wildlife by a knowledgeable guide. Look for wildlife and their tracks on a hike and continue by van to cover a greater area and improve the chance of wildlife sightings. Of course, an evening out in nature would not be the same without a cozy campfire dinner. On every wildlife safari we have seen at least 2 out of the 3 focus animals (moose, deer, boar) but usually we get to see all three!
- See wildlife such as moose, deer and boar in it’s natural habitat
- See their tracks and marks during a hike
- Learn more about Swedish nature and wildlife from your knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy a campfire dinner
- Small, personal group
Wildlife Safari Stockholm: What to see?
Environment: On this tour you will encounter typical Swedish pine forest, open fields, lakes, and traditional country side.
Wildlife: The most important animals we aim to see are moose, deer, and wild boar. Also common to see on the safari are Buzzard, Falcon and many other bird species. Other animals that can be seen are badger, fox and hare. Present but very rare is also linx.
- Rendez vous at the meeting point.
- Making way out of the city.
- Campfire dinner.
- Start with a short hike.
- Continue the safari by van.
- Conclusion of the tour.
- Drop off at the meeting point.
Evening safari program
Meet your guide at the meeting point and get information about the day itinerary. You will leave Stockholm by minivan, leaving the city and entering the woods. You will be treated on an outdoor campfire meal during which your guide will give you lots of information about animals, wildlife situations in Sweden and nature. The active part of the tour starts when you set out for a walk looking for wildlife, and their signs and tracks. After the short hike we will continue the search for wildlife by van, so that we can to cover a greater area, thus increasing the chance of animal sightings. After a successful tour you will be returned to the meeting point.
Included in the tour
- Pickup and drop off from central Stockholm
- A guided wildlife safari with a professional guide
- Quality binoculars
- Campfire dinner
- Swedish fika (coffee with pastries)
- Outdoor sitting pad
- Small group, average 3-4 travelers per guide
Restaurant Organic Green, Rehnsgatan 24, 103 92 Stockholm.
Private: With a private tour you will get picked up from your accommodation.
Other important information
- This tour involves light physical motion and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- Not suitable for children below 10 on a scheduled departure. During a private booking there is no age limit.
- Note that this not an African safari, so don’t expect tame animals to walk around us freely like in the zoo! Instead, we find them by being cautious, silent and alert. In order words we aim to see real, untamed wildlife!
Our wildlife safari in Stockholm has student- and youth discounts. These only apply with:
Student: valid student- and ID cards. Does not apply for PHD students. Max age 25.
Child: valid ID card. Max age 15.
Doesn’t our schedule suit you? Send us a message and we’ll see what we can do!
Times: 1 May – 15 May: 18:00
16 May- 31 May : 18:30
1 June – 7 June: 19:00
8 June – 7 July: 19:30
8 July – 15 July: 19:00
16 July – 31 July: 18:30
1 August –12 August: 18:00
13 August – 23 August: 17:30
24 August – 3 September: 17:00
4 September – 13 September: 16:30
14 September – 30 September: 16:00
What to bring on this excursion
- Hiking boots / hiking shoes
- Warm sweater
- Comfortable (waterproof) walking trousers
- Rain jacket
Other tours in Stockholm
If you want to see and learn about Swedish nature and you love to be active, the Off Trail Hiking might be your cup of tea! And if you’re more excited for spending the day on water you might want to have a look at the Kayak Tour. Want to see the archipelago but in a less active way? Try out Sailing! If you’re into multiple-day trips we’ve got you covered as well. Check out out 3-day Kayaking Trip, the overnight 3-day High Coast Hike or our one night Nature Camping Stockholm tour.
Traveling with us
✓ Traveler’s satisfaction guarantee! Not satisfied? We refund!
✓ Happy travelers from over 50 countries
✓ Swedish EcoTourism Association standards
✓ Small, personal groups
✓ Off-the-beaten track adventures
✓ Climate smart and responsible travel
✓ Memories for a lifetime
✓ TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence