Two- or three day kayak tour Stockholm
Two- or three day kayak tour Stockholm, Highlights
- Immerse yourself in Stockholm’s archipelago for 2 or even 3 whole days
- Set your own itinerary and choose your own camping spots
- Spend the night(s) sleeping under the stars on your own little island
- Beautiful sunsets
- Improve your kayaking skills, maybe even learn an Eskimo roll?!
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the Baltic Sea after making camp
- Campfire story telling
- Learn about outdoor cooking
Several day kayak tour Stockholm, an adventure for a lifetime. Spending two or even three whole days in this fairy tale world filled with majestic natural beauty, bird life and adventure is an experience you are not likely to forget!
For more pictures and tour reports check out our FaceBook page!
Kayak tour Stockholm: what to see?
Environment: You can expect a varying scenery consisting of forest covered mainland, mazes of rocky islands, crossings of open sea and hidden bays to relax. Beautiful sunsets during the evenings and waters smooth as mirrors during early mornings.
Wildlife: The most spectacular bird on this kayak tour is without a doubt the white tailed eagle. Other spectacular wildlife are swimming deer / moose that we sometimes encounter, moving from island to island, curious seals, and a large amount of other bird life.
- Pickup at meeting point
- Packing kayaks
- Day 1: we paddle in calmer waters and don’t cross open sea
- Break, hike up to viewpoint and enjoy lunch
- Make camp on an island with campfire dinner
- Day 2: we head out further in the archipelago
- Lunch break on island with beach
- Make camp and watch sunset
- Maybe some fishing?
- Optional, day 3: slowly turning back, completing the loop
- Optional, day 3: last lunch stop, time for a swim!
- We drop you off in Stockholm, safe and sound
This is an example kayak tour. Your guide customizes the day according to the weather and skill of the group.
Day one: After going through all of the gear, maps and techniques we set out on our multiple day kayak tour. We start off in a sheltered bay, paddling between two cliffs to avoid head wind and small waves and get the hang of it. We stay close to the shore, and after some hours it’s time for lunch. After a short hike to a viewpoint, we can see many of the islands that we will visit during the following days. We continue paddling and move towards the island groups. Maybe we’ll even spot some swimming deer! During late afternoon / early evening we make camp and enjoy the rhythmical sound of the sea, birds and the absence of everything else.
Day two: Rise and shine for yet another day of adventure! After a healthy breakfast we eagerly set out once again. We cross a short stretch of open sea and arrive to yet another group of islands. The ever changing environment never seems to bore. On the way we meet swans, white tailed eagles and more curious birds. We pick any island for lunch and do the same in the evening if it’s a three day kayak tour. We can fish, swim, nap or just hang around camp before hitting the sheets (or sleeping bags) once more.
Optional, day three: The last day of the kayak tour in Stockholm archipelago has finally but unfortunately come. We don’t paddle the same way back, but explore new areas while we head towards the starting point, coming from a different direction. Once we’ve unpacked our belongings we drop you off in Stockholm, and leave you with memories for a lifetime.
Included in the tour
- Pickup and drop off in central Stockholm
- Several day guided kayak tour Stockholm
- Professional and friendly guide
- All meals
- Kayak + all equipment (buoyancy vest, paddle, spray skirt)
- Small group, average 3-5 travelers per guide
- All camping gear
Restaurant Organic Green, Rehnsgatan 24, 103 92 Stockholm.
Private: With a private tour you will get picked up from your accommodation.
Other important information
- This kayak tour involves physical motion for several days and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- Prior kayak experience is beneficial, not a must. A general level of picking up activities or active lifestyle is required though when no prior kayak tour experience
- Not suitable for neither children below 12 when sharing a double with an adult supervisor or below 16 using a single kayak on a scheduled departure. During a private booking there is no age limit.
Our kayak tour Stockholm has student- and youth discounts. These only apply with:
Student: valid student- and ID cards. Does not apply for PHD students. Max age 25.
Child: valid ID card. Max age 15.
Doesn’t our schedule suit you? Send us a message and we’ll see what we can do!
What to bring on this excursion
Clothing during kayak tour: you want to have clothing that dries up quickly, so avoid cotton if possible! polyesters and synthetics (often seen in sport specific clothing) will do the job just fine.
- Base layer (running shirt i.e.)
- Sweater /jacket for windy days
- Rain coat / shell layer for rainy days
- Quick drying shorts (or running tights)
- Quick drying shoes (running sneakers), sandals, flip-flops or specific water shoes
- Bathing clothing underneath
- If you’re planning on your using phone, a waterproof phone case (alternatively a plastic bag) is a must!
- An extra set of clothing in the unlikely case you might turn over
Other tours in Stockholm
Want to see the archipelago but in a less active way? Try out Sailing! More interested in on-land nature? Check out the Off Trail Hike. For wildlife watching check out the Wildlife Safari. For multiple-day hiking trips we’ve got you covered as well. Check out our 3-day High Coast Hike or our one night Nature Camping Stockholm tour.
Traveling with us
✓ Traveler’s satisfaction guarantee! Not satisfied? We refund!
✓ Happy travelers from over 50 countries
✓ Swedish EcoTourism Association standards
✓ Small, personal groups
✓ Off-the-beaten track adventures
✓ Climate smart and responsible travel
✓ Memories for a lifetime
✓ TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence