Stockholm Weekend Break Winter
Stockholm Weekend Break Winter 2/3 days, Highlights
- Enjoy a weekend break filled with outdoor activities
- Experience beautiful winter scenery
- Go on an natural ice skating adventure
- Try out cross country skiing
- Hike or use snowshoes to trek the local trails and frozen lakes
- Sleep in the best outdoor & lifestyle hotel Stockholm offers
- Meet like minded travelers from over the world
- Book your entire Stockholm weekend break with just one click
- Receive our complementary Stockholm guide for free
Have you ever stood on a frozen lake, with kilometer after kilometer of sun reflecting ice stretching out ahead? No you say? How about gliding on skis through a snow covered winter forest as from a fairy tale? Nope? Okay, but what about climbing up to a viewpoint on a pair of snowshoes? Negative? Alright, I understand. Sounds like you need a prescription of a little Stockholm Weekend Break. Let us show you why winter in Stockholm is the absolute best season ever! Make this winter count by experiencing beautiful scenery and trying out exciting winter activities.
Stockholm Weekend Break Itinerary
Arrive to Stockholm on your own pace. If you arrive early, we’d recommend to use our Stockholm guide and see the best winter places of the city not to miss on your holiday! Meet your guide in the early evening and enjoy Swedish fika while talking about the coming days and getting to know your fellow travelers. In the evening, enjoy a drink in the outdoorsy and hip lounge of your hotel.
Enjoy a luxurious breakfast in the morning. Your guide will pick you up at your hotel in the morning. A winter hike is on today’s schedule! We drive out by minivan for about 30 to 40 minutes, and into the local nature reserves. Use snowshoes or ice cleats to walk up hills, and use our safety equipment to take safely cross frozen lakes! We enjoy a warm lunch around a campfire. During late afternoon, we enjoy an outdoor sauna where we can meet the locals and for those who dare, a dip in the icy lake in the pitch black is a possibility! Evening is spent at own leisure.
Wake up to yet another day of adventure! Once again, we pick you up from your hotel. Today we will try Nordic ice skating and cross country skiing. We drive out, gear up and enter the ice! Standing on a massive frozen lake really is a mighty experience. Our pedagogic and friendly guides make it easy to pick up and will give you the confidence you need. After yet another warm campfire lunch, we clip in the cross country skis and glide through the beautiful and silent winter forest. Happy and tired we head back to Stockholm. Rich in new happy memories, we say our goodbyes and you can enjoy a last evening of our beautiful winter city!
Included in the tour
Included in the Stockholm weekend break
- Transfers to and from all activities
- Guided snowshoe hiking / ice hiking
- Guided ice skating activity
- Guided skiing activity
- All equipment
- Lunches on all days
- Outdoor sauna experience
- Stockholm guide
Included if you choose our holiday hotel package
- Hotel nights Friday – Saturday and Saturday – Sunday
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
We meet at Scandic Downtown Camper (around central station) for all trips
Other important information
- This tour involves physical motion and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- Not suitable for children under 16 years old.
- No prior experience in the activities as offered in this Stockholm weekend break is required.
- Maximum guests per trip is 8.
- We reserve the right to make alterations in the itinerary if weather- and safety conditions require so.
Our Stockholm weekend break is planned to run every second week starting in January week two. Can’t you make these dates work? Contact us and we can see what we can do!
Things not to forget on this trip
Winter specific clothing
- Thermal base layer / long sleeve shirt
- Warm sweater (fleece, wool)
- Wind stopper, shell layer
- Down jacket / winter coat
- Hat, scarf, gloves / mits
- Outdoor trousers with long johns / alpine trousers / jeans with thermal tights
- Several pairs of warm socks
Other trips in Stockholm
Our guides highly recommend our weekend break package. But if you simply do not have the time, have a look at our day trips! We can take you ice skating, cross country skiing, winter hiking and we also offer a more relaxed ‘winter package’ trip. If you like our weekend break but want more have a look at our expeditions! We also offer a full week of winter fun in central Sweden, which is definitely your best chance of creating lifetime winter memories ☺
Traveling with us
✓ Traveler’s satisfaction guarantee! Not satisfied? We refund!
✓ Happy travelers from over 50 countries
✓ Swedish EcoTourism Association standards
✓ Small, personal groups
✓ Off-the-beaten track adventures
✓ Climate smart and responsible travel
✓ Memories for a lifetime
✓ TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence