Kayaking in Stockholm
Kayaking in Stockholm Archipelago, one day
Kayaking in Stockholm; nature from a different angle! Leave the city behind you while you explore the archipelago and the Baltic Sea by kayak! Paddle into a far stretched world that exists of 30.000 islands. During this adventure you will experience beautiful scenery firsthand in one of Europe’s most unique environment, and will have a blast trying a new activity with friends as well!
- Spend a day out kayaking in stunning scenery
- Relax on your own private island
- Experience unspoiled Swedish nature
- See wildlife in it’s natural habitat
- Small, personal groups
- Enjoy delicious restaurant prepared food
- Get picked up and dropped off in central Stockholm
- Improve your kayaking skills together with your friendly guide
For more pictures and tour reports check out our FaceBook page!
Kayaking in Stockholm: what to see?
Environment: The number and variety of islands make this area as special as it is. We’ll paddle past huge forest covered islands, high cliffs towering out from the water, and bare granite sketches just rising above sea level. It’s as if a giant had left a trail of huge pebbles.
Wildlife: White tailed eagles are regularly spotted! This area is also very rich in other bird life. Wild swans, geese, eider, loons, arctic terns, great cormorants, are all among regularly seen birds. Seals are also seen.
- Meet each other and your guide at the meeting point
- Take some time for an introduction to your fellow travelers and talk about the day program
- We drive out to the archipelago
- Upon arrival we start handing out equipment
- Continue with an introduction to the kayaks and the technique
- We get into the water and onto the tour!
- Pick out a nice private island lunch and enjoy lunch
- With regained energy we continue exploring the islands
- Towards the end of the day we arrive back at starting location
- Take off the gear and put back the kayaks
- Drop off at the meeting point
This is an example tour. Your guide customizes the day according to the weather and skill of the group.
We paddle out into the archipelago and it’s stunning surroundings. In this area there are birds almost everywhere you look and this is also the best place to spot sea eagles. We might paddle past a fortress, or even past the ‘ghost islands’ where your guide will explain how a single bird species has been able to extinct entire islands. We will find our own private island for the day’s lunch and enjoy the sun and the scenery, and maybe even enjoy half an hour on the beach. Later we continue paddling through many small islands. A beautiful but especially relaxing environment. We tie up the kayaks, and bring out the coffee and cookies! Completely covered from the wind w simply float along with the stream, enjoying tea time. All good things come to an end so finally we make finish the trip and conclude at the starting point where we put away the kayaks.
Included in the tour
- Pickup and drop off in central Stockholm
- Short kayaking course and introduction
- A whole day of kayaking in Stockholm archipelago
- Professional and friendly guide
- Restaurant prepared lunch – vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options available
- Swedish fika (coffee with pastries)
- Kayak + all equipment (buoyancy vest, paddle, spray skirt)
- Small group, average 3-5 travelers per guide
- Dry bags to keep your items safe and dry
Restaurant Organic Green, Rehnsgatan 24, 103 92 Stockholm.
Private: With a private tour you will get picked up from your accommodation.
Other important information
- This tour involves physical motion and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- No prior kayaking experience is required.
- Not suitable for neither children below 12 when sharing a double with an adult supervisor or below 16 using a single kayak on a scheduled departure. During a private booking there is no age limit.
Our kayaking in Stockholm archipelago tour has student- and youth discounts. These only apply with:
Student: valid student- and ID cards. Does not apply for PHD students. Max age 25.
Child: valid ID card. Max age 15.
Doesn’t our schedule suit you? Send us a message and we’ll see what we can do!
What to bring on this excursion
Clothing during kayaking: you want to have clothing that dries up quickly, so avoid cotton if possible! polyesters and synthetics (often seen in sport specific clothing) will do the job just fine.
- Base layer (running shirt i.e.)
- Sweater /jacket for windy days
- Rain coat / shell layer for rainy days
- Quick drying shorts (or running tights)
- Quick drying shoes (running sneakers), sandals, flip-flops or specific water shoes
- Bathing clothing underneath
- If you’re planning on your using phone, a waterproof phone case (alternatively a plastic bag) is a must!
- An extra set of clothing in the unlikely case you might turn over
Other tours in Stockholm
Want to see the archipelago but in a less active way? Try out Sailing! More interested in on-land nature? Check out the Off Trail Hike. For wildlife watching check out the Wildlife Safari. If you’re into multiple-day trips we’ve got you covered as well. Check out out 3-day Kayaking Trip, the overnight 3-day High Coast Hike or our one night Nature Camping Stockholm tour.
Traveling with us
✓ Traveler’s satisfaction guarantee! Not satisfied? We refund!
✓ Happy travelers from over 50 countries
✓ Swedish EcoTourism Association standards
✓ Small, personal groups
✓ Off-the-beaten track adventures
✓ Climate smart and responsible travel
✓ Memories for a lifetime
✓ TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence